It's a brave little boy...who loved Thomas the train...
Or a special heart bear...or a frog in the rain....
It's the need to remember...we are all in this plight....
It's their lives that remind us... we still need to fight!
It's in pushing ahead amidst every sorrow...
It is finding the strength to have hope for tomorrow.

Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Spoke to soon :( Welcome to the flippin NHS

Ethan was spiking a temperature over the weekend and turned out he had an ear infection. We took him to the out of hours gp who said his ear was dull & prescribed us a very wrong dose of amoxicillin (1500mg per day! :-0 !)) Got it checked and he is to have 125mg x 3 daily.

So of course I had to ring and check it with the Freeman and they said they wouldn't take him in with an infection. But I was to ring today and tell them how he was.

It had helped & he was 10 times better Tuesday and today, but they wont take him in for his IV antibiotics while he he is still on these oral antibiotics!! how backwards is that?!

I mean this will be his THIRD course of the same antibiotic, so as far as I can see it - he needs these IV antibiotics to clear his bad chest that he has had since November!

For starters we don't know how long he is to take them for, so I rang treetops the local kids ward and they said they would be happy with him just having 5 days with an ear infection especially as he is clearly much happier. They couldn't understand why the Freeman wouldn't take him in for his IV antibiotics.

The CLN rang back and said they wont discuss him again until next Wednesday at the planning meeting.

I wasn't happy, if they were planning on taking him in then I don't see why they need to wait a whole week just to discuss him again.

Anyone else starting to think they are taking the micky, and they never intended to take him in in the first place!! I cant ring them again cos I will seriously lose the plot.

Would the secretary know whats going on? I'm so tempted to ring and ask if they had a date in the first place!

I am soooooo angry with them ..I just feel like they keep moving the goal posts.

Oh and Deans mum & dad go on holiday 24th April for 2 weeks so I'm quite literally stuck if we aren't in and out by then. SO by my workings we need to be in by the 1st April to give them the 3 weeks they said. Or I have no one to look after Josh (my family live a 2 hour drive away, but would gladly have him).

I explained this to the cln and she just replied they have no facility for siblings... well tough he will have to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for all that you are having to put up with and try to overcome to get the care Ethan deserves.

    Keep fighting! You have his best interest at heart. I sure wish it could be easier on all of you.


Leave us a message!!